Wednesday, January 07, 2009

and i'm back again!

so for the two of you who still check in every so often, sorry. not only did i quit my job, as i mentioned earlier, but i also moved. i couldn't find a roommate to move in with me in my apartment, so instead i moved in with a friend who has a fantastic house about ten minutes away from where i was living.

so yeah. i made a few changes! so far, so good. i have my first class on saturday morning. and i've been away from work for almost a month! can i just tell you how awesome that is? if you work in the business world, and you've never just taken two weeks off, you seriously should. if it were up to me, there'd be a mandatory shut down at christmas time. and another in the summer, too. it's just so nice to have time to do whatever. of course, i've been moving, which takes tons of time, and there were all kinds of random holiday-related things, and let's-get-ready-for-school things, and etc, etc.

so, a new year, and new thoughts. many of those thoughts stem from my new place in life, and the decisions that i made to get here. i'll try to be more timely about those thoughts now that i'm a little more settled in :)

3 comments:

SavvyD said...

My time off from "real" work has done me some serious good.

Anonymous said...

As you move on and forward, remember you can never get in the same river twice.

blessedbabe said...

I too was a web/multimedia designer until I realized that I want a job with more interaction with people because at the end of the day, people are the ones who truly run the company and would make you grow in your career.

It's always a stretch to make any change. Fear would come up first, but once you've mustered the faith, the courage comes. And whatever happens after, whether good or bad, at least you've made the leap and you will not wonder.