Thursday, December 27, 2007

just a quick holiday check-in...

greetings from the northlands. posts have been few and far between lately what with prepping for the holidays and spending time with the fam. currently i'm in the great northlands (i'd say white, but it's more gray, because it's been raining, not snowing, since we got here) with my dad; we're visiting my brother and sister-in-law (can i just tell you how much i love saying that!?).

in years past i've tended to get a bit sad and mopey at the holidays. my brother and dad have generally had a significant other, while i pretty much never do (except one christmas two years ago). this year my brother is married. my dad is dating someone, but she didn't make the trip with us. this year i'm doing fine. no loneliness, no sadness, no pity parties (so far. that could change, as i still have a couples' baby shower and a new year's eve party to attend).

i feel good. i feel mature. i feel thankful. christmas has been a lot of fun, and i still have new year's eve to look forward to.

i hope the season's going well for anyone reading this. if not, i guess just try and be thankful. or go have a good cry and a glass of (spiked) eggnog first, then be thankful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to lay off the egg nog. That allows me to spend less time on the elliptical jogger.

This new year, I'll celebrate with a Guinness extra stout. That is, after two hours on my exercise bike. ;)

single/certain said...

lol. yeah, i actually didn't have any egg nog, but between the four of us (dad, brother, sister in law, and me) we polished off quite a few bottles of wine. and quite a few plates of good food. i will def be returning to our little gym at work with a vengeance!

SavvyD said...

I had a boyfriend this year for Christmas. Christmas was good, we had some fun times, but New Year's was not so hot. Having a relationship can be sort of a letdown.

single/certain said...

i hear ya, d. i know all about holiday letdowns.